Hello Atelier 001
In this episode of Hello Atelier, we talk to Jacquie Gering, a leader in the modern quilting movement who designs, writes, and travels in and out of the country teaching modern quilting techniques. She has also played a pivotal role in developing the Modern Quilt Guild to be an international organization. Jacquie is the author of Quilting Modern: Techniques and Projects for Improvisational Quilts and her work has been featured in a number of other quilting books and sewing publications.
What is going on in the world of Jacquie Gering:
- Jacquie Gering’s Blog: Get the stories behind all of Jacquie’s beautiful work.
- Jacquie Gering’s Instagram: Quilty, fabric-y inspiration
- Bang, Your Dead: Check out Jacquie’s featured quilt in the Wall Street Journal.
- Alexander Henry: The fabric company that opened Jacquie’s eyes to the concept of modern fabrics.
- Silly Boo Dilly: Victoria Gertenbach’s blog that was a huge source of inspiration (and education) to Jacquie.
- The Modern Quilt Guild: The fledgling quilt guild that Jacquie has helped become an international organization.
- Alissa Haight Carleton: Check out the blog of one of the co-founder’s of the very first Modern Quilt Guild chapter.
- Latifah Safeer: Check out the blog of the other co-founder of the first Modern Quilt Guild chapter.
- Shea Henderson: A modern quilt designer who partnered with Jacquie to start their local guild. Check out her patterns and book!
- Amy Butler: The fabric designer whose fresh, modern designs have kickstarted a new generation’s interest in sewing.