Hello Atelier 002
In this episode of Hello Atelier, we talk with Meredith Host, a ceramicist and full time studio potter. We discuss how Meredith’s love of horror movies has influenced her work and inspired a series she once called a playful penchant for the bizarre. Listen in to find out what is inspiring her work these days (hint: you can find it in your bathroom!) and her strategies for maintaining a thriving ceramics business.
What is going on in Meredith’s World:
- Meredith Host on Etsy: See (and buy!) Meredith’s art on her Etsy site.
- Folded Pigs: Do you love someone more than a zombie loves brains? Show them you care with one of Meredith’s Folded Pigs zombie mugs!
- Meredith’s Instagram: Stay up to date with everything baking in Meredith’s kiln.
- The Exorcist: I’m sorry, I can’t bring myself to link to this. Watch at your own risk! And if it traumatizes you, I’ll talk you through it.
- Friday the 13th, Part Four: The Final Chapter: Meredith’s personal favorite.
- Rear Window: I know, a lot of movie recommendations, but I also love this one!
- Rain Harris: A wonderful ceramicist and studio-mate of Meredith.
- Paul Donnelly: Another wonderful ceramicist as mentioned by Meredith.
- KC Urban Potters: The Kansas City collective of ceramicists that Meredith helped form. They put on local and regional exhibitions, lectures, events and are soon to have a retail space!