Hello Atelier 004
This week on Hello Atelier we talk with Angela Walters, designer, author and free-motion quilter. Today the internet is full of stories on how creating art and crafting is a huge stress reducer. That comes as no surprise to Angela, who named her blog Quilting Is My Therapy when she started it back in 2010. Since she began sharing her quilting adventures online she has rocketed to national prominence for her incredible free-motion quilting designs.
Jonathan and I made the jaunt up to Liberty, Missouri to interview Angela in her studio, which also happens to be a fabric store, and she gave us the inside scoop on her background, her work and even some great advice for those wanting to get a jumpstart in a new career or industry.
What is going on in Angela’s world:
- Quilting Is My Therapy: Angela’s blog
- Fragmental: Angela’s most recent fabric collection
- Kimmy Brunner, Karen McTavish, Linda Taylor: All early quilting inspiration for Angela
- The Modern Quilt Guild
- Tula Pink: Fabric designer and author. She and Angela have a new book coming out soon!
- Jacquie Gering: Quilt designer and collaborator with Angela (Also an HA alum! Listen to her episode here.)